Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Raider0429aider
    • Sep 2003

Problems converting 480 X 480 resolution

Thanks for viewing my post and trying to help me.
    OK, here is the information: I have some football games that were recorded using a direct TV TIVO, then put onto DVDs. They are in VOB form at a 480 X 480 resolution. I want to change these to a 720 X 480 resolution and re-author them and then burn them back to a DVD. I can convert the files to an mpeg a number of different ways, but when I convert to 720 X 480 the sound gets out of sinc. I also don't want the file to become tripled in size during the conversion process. Some programs I use are Main Concept (makes file way to big, and out of sinc) TMPGENC ( won't accept 480 X 480) IamToo Mpeg encoder (out of sinc problems) ULead and some others. I have extracted the mpeg out of the original 480 X 480 VOB files in order to cut the commercials out using MPEG2VCR (excellent program) Now I need to take that file and convert it to 720 X 480 without and sound problems so that I can author it into new VOB files. I hope this isn't confusing. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for your help.
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

TMPGENC ( won't accept 480 X 480)
    sure it will.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Raider0429aider
      • Sep 2003

I tried to put the files into TMPGENC DVD Author and an error message comes up saying something like resolution has to be dvd standard and won't allow me to continue. Is there a plug-in that would allow me to continue?

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

ok, yes naturally. you just said TMPGEnc. you must re-encode or change the resolution to 720x480 with something like TMPGEnc Plus before TMPGEnc dvd author can turn them into dvd files. get a full 30 day trial at the same site you got TMPGEnc dvd author
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• Raider0429aider
          • Sep 2003

Sorry about not being precise about which one I was referring to. I do have TMP... plus, but haven't tried it yet. I will try it this evening and let you know how it turns out, but so far with all the encoders I've tried, the audio gets out of sinc. As far as converters and encoders, whats the best to use with these svcd resolution 480 X 480's? Has anyone had any experience with SVCD2DVD?

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by Raider0429aider
            Sorry about not being precise about which one I was referring to. I do have TMP... plus, but haven't tried it yet. I will try it this evening and let you know how it turns out, but so far with all the encoders I've tried, the audio gets out of sinc. As far as converters and encoders, whats the best to use with these svcd resolution 480 X 480's? Has anyone had any experience with SVCD2DVD?
            if you have the software, try it out. this guide should help you out. follow it exactly and everything will work. there is a section at the end to correct audio out of sync.
            Columbo moments...

Comment

• benbryant
              Digital Video Master
              Digital Video Master
              • Aug 2005

Hi Raider0429aider

Please try the DVD-lab Pro which is an excellent tool for the job (No need re-encoding, so no quality degrading or out of sync)). It comes with free trial. So please follow the instruction from the link below:

Regards
              Last edited by benbryant; 22 Apr 2006, 01:20 AM.

Comment

• Raider0429aider
                • Sep 2003

Thanks for the responses. One thing, maybe I wasn't clear about. I have the games on DVD and they are at the 480 X 480 resolution. I am attempting to extract the mpg (which I can do with no problem, its 480 X 480) cut out the commercials (which I can also do with no problem) then re-author at 720 X 480, keeping it around 5 gigs (I can use shrink to get it to 4.35) and keeping the sound in sinc. The mpg I extract from the 480 X 480 dvd is around 3.5 GB. I can always play the 480 X 480 dvd in my dvd player and record it to another disc with my stand alone DVD recorder, thus giving me a 720 X 480 file, but I can only record 2 hours on my dvd recorder to each disc, I would then have to record the game to 2 dvdrws, extract the mpgs from the 2 dvdrws, cut the commercials from both, join the 2 mpgs, then author them in Ulead and possibly put it through DVD shrink for the final DVD. Alot of steps involved and alot of time. I'm trying to cut out some of the steps if possible and shorten the amount of time it takes without compromising video or audio quality. I hope I covered it all. Thanks again for your help and I'll let you know how I make out.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                  Demigod of Digital Video
                  • Nov 2004

i understand what you're doing you have two options so far. both will work.
                  Columbo moments...

Comment

Working...