Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andyg
    • Apr 2002

DivX help please

A few weeks ago I downloaded a DIVX movie, Princess Diaries and tried to convert it to MPEG1 using TMPGEnc but the sound format was not supported SO I used Virtual Dub to extract the Audio to a WAV file but got an error message saying that the audio would be out of skew and I needed to use a constant bitrate encoder. This baffled me so I used Panasonic MPEG encoder which seemed to accept the sound okay. The result I got was a movie that started okay but by the end of the film, the sound was out of sync by about 5 seconds or so. What should I have done?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

The file you downloaded included a Variable Bit Rate (VBR) -MPEGLayer 3 (.MP3) audiostream, which TMPGEnc cannot process:

Simply use VirtualDub to save the audio stream as an Uncompressed PCM (WAV) file as follows:
    Load your original .AVI into VirtualDub
    From the "File" dropdown menu, select "Save WAV" (Enter a new filename with a ".WAV" extender).Click on "OK"
    Then set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copying"
    Then save the .AVI as a silent .AVI (set "Audio" to "No audio" after you've saved the WAV file).

Then close VirtualDub and restart it
    Set "Audio" to "No audio"
    Load your silent .AVI
    Set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copying"
    Under "Audio" click on "WAV Audio" and load your .WAV
    Set "Audio" to "Full Processing Mode"
    From the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "Compression" and choose the appropriate .MP3 settings. Click on "OK"
    From the "File" dropdown menu, select "Save as AVI" and save your file with a new filename.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• andyg
      • Apr 2002

Thankyou Setarip. Will have another go at converting DIVX and let you know how it goes. Andy.

Comment

Working...