X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PghPittViper
    • Jun 2006

Free AVI Splitter

Hi, I am trying to make VCD's, but I need to split the avi file.

What are some FREE full function avi splitters out there that I can use?

TIA,

Viper
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

virtualdub
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• PghPittViper
      • Jun 2006

How to use virtualdub

Hi,

I d/l'd virtual dub, but don't know how to use it. I thought it would have options for splitting a file in two, but I don't see these options.

Can you tell me the basics of how to use it?

TIA,

And, thanks for the advice so far...

Viper

Comment

• benbryant
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Aug 2005

Just open your .avi file with VirtualDub(Mod), move the cursor where you want to start the selection, and then press the Mark in button. Move the cursor to where you want to end the selection and press Mark out button (Pay attention to the Frame indicator so you know where to start the second part later). If you want to keep video and audio formats as original, go to Video and select Direct stream copy. Go to Streams > stream list> right-click audio and select Direct stream copy. Go to File and click Save as and save your first split .avi file. To save the second part, just start the selection right after where you placed the Mark out in the first part and continue those above steps. Good luck

Regards

Comment

• PghPittViper
          • Jun 2006

How To:

Basically, I want to be able to d/l any movie, in any format (avi, mpg, mov, wmf, etc) and put it on a vcd to watch from my dvd player.

I figured out how to d/l movies a while ago from usenet. Have seen some good ones.

But, now I want to endeavor into the realm of the vcd. Currently, if the clip is < 80min, I use Nero to creat a vcd.

Now the question comes up with larger files. I was told here to use virtualdub to split the files, but, I must be doing something wrong because just a portion of the new file, which should be 1/2 of the origional, is like 4G! The file size is balooning.

After you have your 70-80 minutes of movie in avi, and I am assuming you always want to convert to avi first, am I right?; what program do you use to create the vcd. I have been using Nero, but it is pretty slow. I toyed around with using WinAviConverter and it seems like a nice program, but you have to pay for it. I am on a very limited budget.

So, I would like to hear from all of you who burn vcd's. What format is the origional movie in, how do you split it, what do you use to convert to vcd and burn?

TIA,

Viper

Comment

• benbryant
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Aug 2005

Basically, I want to be able to d/l any movie, in any format (avi, mpg, mov, wmf, etc) and put it on a vcd to watch from my dvd player.

I figured out how to d/l movies a while ago from usenet. Have seen some good ones.
            IMHO, I don't think that I allow myself to answer your question since you mentioned about downloading movie. So it's up to the Mods to decide

Regards

Comment

• LT. Columbo
              Demigod of Digital Video
              • Nov 2004

pghpittviper

please see the rules. 6 in this case

Originally Posted by admin
              If you mention that you downloaded a movie (a full movie, not a movie file) from an online/file sharing source without specifying it was legal (eg. "I downloaded a movie from Kazza")
              closed
              "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
              Columbo moments...
              "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
              "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
              (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...