X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seamus Warren
    • May 2002

Some Frames Have A Purple Hue?

Hello forum,

After I convert the AVIs to MPEG some frames have a purple hue.

I've noticed these two codecs when I play a newly converted MPEG:

- Audio codec: Morgan Stream Switcher
    - Video codec: Subtitle Mixer

I recently downloaded a couple of codec packs and was wondering how to remove codecs so I don't have too much junk on my system.

I am also wondering how to change the codecs my MPEG files are currently using.

Thank you
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

Visit vcdhelp.com----there is a special template there, and other advice. This may have something to do with de-interlacing---perhpas uncheck that option. Also you may want to use the "noise reduction filter".

First, you may consider removing those codecs, if you believe they are the source of your problems.

Comment

• Seamus Warren
      • May 2002

Thanks Batman, I'll take a look a VCD help.

When I go to the "system32" folder I am not sure how to identify the codec I want to remove. I got the sh*#s and attempted to delete one .ax that I thought was familiar and it wouldn't let me delete it...even as an "administrator".

I am thinking of doing a clean installation of WinXP to reset the original system file settings etc. This time it might be wise for me to create an image of the fresh installation.

Anyway, thank you for your suggestions.

Comment

• Seamus Warren
        • May 2002

I installed* that VKI codec and chose "yes" this time - to overwrite the "newer" file and now VirtualDub 1.3 seems to be working.

I accidentally chose to save the ASF as a *raw* AVI I think because I ended up with a 16.7 GB file, but TMPGEnc couldn't open it. I'll take a look at what you said, and the links above tomorrow. I still have your comments regarding raw files firmly in my mind (if you can call it a mind, hehe).

Thank you once again.

*actually, someone took over my computer for a while this evening using "Remote Assistance". He installed it while I was hesitant to overwrite a newer file. Overwriting that file proved to be the solution.
        Last edited by Seamus Warren; 14 May 2002, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Working...