Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • microkid
    • May 2002

DVDx lame error

When converting a DVD to SVCD or DivX using DVDx 1.8a, I frequently get a lame error, something like "lame buffer underrun" or so. When I choose to use PCM as audio codec, there are no errors.
    Any idea what's causing these errors and how to get rid of them?

(PC is a XP1800+, so speed is not an issue )
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

There have been several other posts reporting similar problems with this version of DVDx - and there have been several responses indicating that the problem can be overcome by using the older version 1.6...

Comment

• microkid
      • May 2002

Originally posted by setarip
      There have been several other posts reporting similar problems with this version of DVDx - and there have been several responses indicating that the problem can be overcome by using the older version 1.6...
      Great!! I will dig up version 1.6 and give that a try. I assume there is no workaround by using another MP3 encoder? Is it DVDx internal related?

Comment

• microkid
        • May 2002

Originally posted by setarip
        Well, I tried 1.6, 1.7 and 1.8, they all have problems. 1.8 crashes on the mentioned lame error. 1.6 and 1.7 just stop encoding after a few minutes. Most stop between 2 and 3 minutes, for no apparant reason. The process just stops, no error message, and the "encode" button becomes available again. Strange.
        When I export the sound to a WAV file, the encoding goes fine. So there seems to be an audio problem somewhere, which causes DVDx to abort.
        Anyone seen this before on some DVD's?

Comment

Working...