Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VERT
    • Apr 2002

Spiderman 3 vcd problem

I have the 3 cd vcd spiderman and they are all mpg files, Powerdvd and Windvd is the only software I hae that will play them correctly. 3 CDs if rather large for a movie for me, so I want to Divx the movie.

Now my problems are none of my encoding software will read these mpgs, not even Virtualdub and the only software I have found that will read then and allow me to do some sort of conversion is VCDgear 3.0.

I can do an mpeg to mpeg (I figure with my new mpg created I will then convert it to divx) with VCDgear and it will get to 94% and then slowing (very very slowly continue on). I can cancel at this point and the mpeg will play in all my media players but it wont be complete. I have had VCDgear going on one of the files now for about 10 hours and it has only got to 95%, I really dont want to have to wait this long.

Can anyone suggest anything for me, something else to try?
  • Head Hunter
    • Apr 2002

The Spiderman file is actually a SVCD so you need to use the programs you use for MPEG 2 files, such as DVD2AVI or Gordian Knot.

Comment

• Batman
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Jan 2002

Yes, it is a SVCD (mpeg-2 file), to convert it to DIVX most likely, you will require a tool such as FLASK, or TMPGEnc (consult vcdhelp.com, for more detailed information).

Comment

Working...