X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • iparout
    • Jul 2002

TMPGEnc stops Encoding at 1:45 min !!!

Hi there.

I am experiencing a very weird problem... I have captured 7 minutes of VHS video off my VCR. I used VDub to capture it at 704x576 (YUY2) and the file generated was 8 GB in size (VDub bypasses the 2 GB limit). When I captured the same video with Matrox PC VCR, it was automatically split into 4 parts of 2 GB and 1:42 minutes in length each.

I decided to encode the 8GB file into TMPGEnc and encode it into VCD PAL. TMPGEnc estimated that the encoding time would be around 20 minutes, however 5 minutes later, the encoding was finished ?!? I checked the output VCD file and I was surprised to find out that only the first 1:43 minutes were encoded. Windows Media Player would continue playing the remaining minutes (the cursor was scrolling) however the screen was black and there was no audio (i.e. that part was not encoded).

I then tried feeding the 4 2 GB files into Premiere timeline, one next to each other, and framesrve to TMPGEnc... I was also surprised to find out that TMPGEnc would only encode the first 1:45 minutes and then nothing...

Let me tell you that the 8GB .avi file would play flawlessly in VDub (it gives me an unsupported format error in WMP though) however TMPG can not encde it till the end.

Has anyone experienced this weird problem ? I think it must have something to do with the Windows .avi filesize restriction but I am not sure.

What can I do to overcome it ? Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. : To what its worth, I have WinXP and the drive where I am capturing to is NTFS formatted. MPGEnc version is 2.56.39.143 -free version- (core version is 1.89.137). I am using the on-board VCD template of TMPGEnc.
Working...