Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Taleya
    • Sep 2007

Annoying Xvid Error

Was wondering if anyone else has had this issue, and if so, has resolved it.

Recently had to nuke my codecs as AlltoAVI ate them (NEVER install that program, it will hose you) but now i'm having extremely screwy problems with my Xvid.

Previously I had no issues whatsoever playing Xvid media, but now it's decided no matter what codec I install, it's going to crash any multimedia player out with the "Faulting module Xvid.ax" error message.

I got around that by ripping out xvid and using FFDShow, but obviously now it's useless with vdubb when trying to clip files. I got around the codec error by installing the Xvid codec (after it had been ripped out of the reg as well as the system) after FFDshow, but vdubb, vdubb mod and nandubb just sit there with the "VideoSourceAVI error: unspecified error (-100)" messsage.

Anyone have any ideas from this point, especially about a regkey I may have missed? I've tried multiple files, and in each case Gspot reads all the required codecs being installed, which made me think a corrupted codec, but unless all versions I've been downloading just *happen* to be corrupted, I think that's a wash.
Working...