• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vaughn
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Jan 2002

GKnot problem

Well the experts here encourage the use of Gknot for high quality Divx files soo I put DVDX on the shelf and i downloaded and installed all the tools/codecs however i am having problems with the Compressibility Check. My Bits/Pixel*Frame is at .221 which the giude says is alright however i am only getting 31.9 % of .692 beside the Load Button which is too low i am told. Now the guide does not say what to do if your percentage is too low, how can i get it up to 45% - 60%?

Also when i perform the Compressibility Check i get a message under the log of:

Audio 1, disabled, no recalc. - you probally want to add this track later.

Now i did not create a mp3 to begin with so i made d2v file in the beginning, does this mean my audio is going to be screwed?
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

Re: GKnot problem

Originally posted by Vaughn
    Now the guide does not say what to do if your percentage is too low, how can i get it up to 45% - 60%?
    Do one or more of the below.

1. Select a lower resolution.
    2. Select larger filesize (more cd's)
    3. Use less precise resizeing. bilinear will compress best, but also makes the image more blurry.
    4. Use noise filtering.

Audio 1, disabled, no recalc. - you probally want to add this track later.
    If this is only in connection with the compressability test, don't worry, audio is completly irrelevant at this stage.

Now i did not create a mp3 to begin with so i made d2v file in the beginning, does this mean my audio is going to be screwed?
    After you have saved avs file, by clicking save avs in the save avs menu, you get into the divx encoder control panel, where you select which audio track (ac3 file) you want use, and you will have the option of either converting to mp3 or just mux the ac3 file.
    Last edited by khp; 26 Jul 2002, 04:09 PM.
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• Vaughn
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Jan 2002

Ok so i changed the resoloution from 780 X 480 to 576 to 480. THen i did another compression test. Now instead of getting 31% i got 29%! How did it get worse when i reduced the resolution? Also i have choose the 2 CD option all along so what gives? Is this the time i need one of them noise filters?

Comment

• rfs830
        • Jul 2002

Just dont use the compression test. I dont use it at all And i still get great divx. Read the guides on www.doom9.net. Btw are you using divc 3.11 or 5. When I had divx 5 installed it messed up my divix files that were 3.11. Read the thread on how to stop it from playing it back.

Comment

• Vaughn
          Gold Member
          Gold Member
          • Jan 2002

would anyone know about the codecs to install to bring your compression test up?

Comment

• UncasMS
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2001

make sure you DONT have divx4 installed

3 and 5 are just fine

Comment

Working...