• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hacker_on_fire
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Mar 2002

DVD Squeeze - What a RIP OFF

I got around to getting a copy of DVD Squeeze v3.0 they charge $30. I got it off Kazza. Normally i wouldn't justify where i got it from, BUT here is a use of Kazza that stops people who are less knowledged in the field of digital video from being ripped off.

I found out that dvd squeeze is a compliation of:

-smartripper
    -flask
    -divx 3.11 codec

thats the manual option

they also include DVDx for the all-in-one encoding they advertise.

i say boycott them, they are exploiting people who do not know all these appz are available for free.
    MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

How 2 post questions correctly
    Look here before posting questions
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Shouldn't this thread belong to either the Boycott/Protest or off-topic section?

And part of the reason this forum exists is to help people new in this field from being cheated by these rippers, isn't it? Maybe we could have a sticky on most of every sections, listing all the commercial softwares that are actually comprised of freewares and whose authors were not informed of their software being included in it. However, it may have some legal implications...

Comment

• hacker_on_fire
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Mar 2002

sorry i didn't know the Boycott/Protest exists. i think its ok on the encoding forum cos its bout not using dvd squeeze to encode. oh well i won't happen next time.

i agree there should b a sticky listing all 'fraud' software.
      MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

How 2 post questions correctly
      Look here before posting questions

Comment

Working...