Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DocBledsoe
    • Apr 2002

New Program for DivX

It is time to create a program that mormalizes the audio track on an mp3 divx file. I know it can be extracted, then multiplexed using half a dozen programs which are not exactly easy....but I do not see why one of these programs hasn't been made. I would plunk down 50.00 for such a program.

I backed up all my DVDs and while the video quality is excellent, the PC speakers have to be turned up a great deal. Blah!
    What you do in the bathroom, echoes throughout the hallway.
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

That does not sound so new to me...

Assuming you're not using a program to automatically extract the audio off a DVD and convert it into MP3, you can do exactly what you wish to do. Here's what I usually do:
    1. Extract audio to .wav using Graphedit
    2. Amplify the volume of the .wav file using CoolEdit
    3. Convert the .wav file into .MP3 file using an MP3 encoder
    4. Mux the MP3 with the video I'm creating using nandub

Alternatively, you can use VirtualDub's Volume (Under Audio tab) setting to amplify the sound volume, and do the MP3 compression from VD. The audio, as you can guess, is loud enough so that I don't have to make any changes to my sound output volume.

Comment

• rfs830
      • Jul 2002

our you can get better speakers. I just turn my up a bit and everything is good.

Comment

• hermanthegerman
        Gold Member
        Gold Member
        • Apr 2002

The easiest way is to increase the volume in DVD2AVI. When I create my .d2v project I set the audio volume to about 150 or 200%. It's only a few mouse clicks away and it works perfect.

Servus,
        hermanthegerman

Comment

Working...