X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spyroledragon
    • Dec 2001

simpledivx 0.99a buggy ?

Hi there !

Yesterday i wanted to let go with my old divx 4.0 rippak "shush" and try a divx5 capable rippak, known as "simpledivx".

I tried to encode a movie (only one yeah, sue me ) and i got a weird result, the sound was too high in tone !! Like little girls talking. In fact i think the sound is a bit too fast because at some times, the movie pause for half a second, to be resynch i guess.

Any simpledivx users had the same kinda problem, or is it just me, or the movie ?

I tried back with "shush" and it doesn't even get any sound...

I just wanna know some people's experience with simpledivx.

In the meanwhile i'll try another movie.

Thanks.
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Why don't you try GordianKnot? I'm very sure it will give far better quality than any other rip-packs out there.

Comment

• spyroledragon
      • Dec 2001

i tried gardianknot also, along with many others, but simpledivx is my favorite so far for the design, the functions, the preview mode for cropping, etc...

i have only tried it with one movie so far, i wanted to know experience of other users before i waste 3 hours compressing another one

The image quality i get with simpledivx is just as good as the original DVD, when i use my TV output.

Hey what is that manga beside your name ? So neat ! Make me want to go see some "angelic layer" divx

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

Sakura of Card Captor Sakura. This series is happened to be done by Clamp, who did Angelic Layer too. Yay! Another anime fan here.

Comment

• spyroledragon
          • Dec 2001

All right !

Seems it's the normalize function that's buggy. When desactivated it works, but then sound is weak. I'll try the +3db option then...

Clamp is good for graphics, but my favorite story would be "love hina" got all eps... in divx of course

Comment

• Enchanter
            Old member
            • Feb 2002

This thread may be of use to you.

p.s. LH is another good series too. I like it more than AL, in fact. Clamp indeed create great animations, but they rarely have a good storyline to go along with it.

Comment

• spyroledragon
              • Dec 2001

yes i saw that post already.

I use goldwave rather than cooledit, because the design is better (yeah i'm design crazy, but nice looking makes easier using also).

Just simpledivx has 3 options : normalize, amp +3db, and normalize with amp of lowest volume.

I'll try +3db, that could prevent me to need to open more progs, which is time consuming.

Ah so you agree with me, clamp is great graphics and just so so stories. LH rules, the 3 OAVs were really cool !

It's good to have someone thinking like you

Comment

• Enchanter
                Old member
                • Feb 2002

On Clamp opinions

You would be pleased to know that most of my friends think likewise. However, it remains as a fact that Clamp characters are irresistably adorable and well-drawn.

Comment

• spyroledragon
                  • Dec 2001

yep, like disney, great drawing skills, but poor stories

How to edit profile and put little pics like this also ?

Comment

• Enchanter
                    Old member
                    • Feb 2002

Go to User CP at the top of the page and go to Edit profile or the like. You should see something about Avatar, which is the picture you are seeing below a user's name.

Comment

• spyroledragon
                      • Dec 2001

kewl

Comment

Working...