Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SKiNFreak
    • Jun 2002

XVid picture is distorted

I have waited all night for my Xvid movie to encode and I've just gone to play it and the picture appears to split up in 45 degree angles with the l images playing all over the place.

Help!! I turned to Xvid cos Div X is acting funny....don't tell me my system is screwed! I've just reinstalled (before encoding) the latest Xvid software so that should not be a problem.

Help appreciated,

Skinfreak
  • SKiNFreak
    • Jun 2002

Oh and I'm using Xmpeg

Comment

• admin
      Administrator
      • Nov 2001

If you are using Window 9x, then make sure you are using Windows Media Player 6.4 (search this forum for more posts on how to install/run WMP 6.4).

Once you start playback of the XviD in WMP 6.4, right click on the main movie screen, select "properties" -> advanced and check that the XviD directshow playback filter is indeed being used by WMP 6.4 for playback. When you are encoding in XviD, make sure the FourCC code is set to XVID, otherwise, it will use the DivX codec for playback, which can cause problems.

Also, make sure your encoded movie has a good resolution (try to ensure width is a multiple of 16 or 32, eg. 480, 512, 576, 64 - it would be good for the height to be a multiple of 16/32 too, eg. try encoding in 352x288).

If you are also having problem with DivX, then it could be because your video card driver is not up to date (and other related things like DirectX). Try to make sure your desktop is set to a reasonable resolution, like 1024x768 @ 16 bit or 32 bit color.

Last, but not least, there are other XviD compatible playback filters/codec out there - have a look at this page for more information :

Digital Digest DivX XviD Software Section - List of recommended, top 10 DivX, XviD and AVI software, latest news and updates
      Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• SKiNFreak
        • Jun 2002

I am using Win XP and enabled FourCC

Comment

Working...