Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wilbur
    • Dec 2001

FlasKMPEG & Divx 4.11

I have a quick question concerning FlasKMPEG version 0.6 and DivX codec version 4.11.

I am attempting to encode a movie in the DivX format using FlasKMPEG and the codec mentioned above. The problem is the completed file is much smaller than would be expected and when I attempt to play the output in Windows Media Player I get there error "Cannot allocate memory because no size has been set."

I have also tried encoding the file using DivX MPEG-4 Fast-Motion and DivX MPEG-4 Low-Motion. Both of these produce a file that plays wonderfully. I have been reading about DivX however, and am under the impression that the preferable codec to use is version 4.11 which is why I would like to try and get it working.

A couple of specifics that may be useful;
    4.11 produces a file of about 85MB
    while Low-Motion with all the same settings produces a 635MB file.

Settings I am using under 4.11

Video
    Variable bitrate mode: 2-pass, first pass
    Output video bitstream: 920
    Default processing level: second notch
    The rest are all the defaults.

Audio
    MPEG Layer-3 128 kBit/s, 48,000 Hz, Stereo

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Wer-Al Zwowe
    • Dec 2001

Isn't this a double post?

Comment

• a13antichrist
      • Dec 2001

Is it?

Yourblem is that the 2-pass, first pass doens't produce a playable avi. You don't get that until you do the 2nd pass. The avi that is produced on the first pass is just a pile of junk which you can delete. On the 2nd pass you get your file which you can then play.
      If you only want to have to process the job once, then use 1-pass Quality-based.
      The Darkside: OCN Hellspawn - having our way with your daughter's genes

Comment

Working...