Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ge0rge
    • Dec 2001

Dvd to divx problem

I am having a problem when i try to make a dvd into avi or mpeg.
    I have used manu tools (flask, ripitall etc) but i always have the same problem in the final avi file we the sound is corupted.Every 2-3 seconds sound and video stucks for some milisecs making it very difficult to watch a 100 min movie.i played the video and the audio before putting them into one file and they were perfect, but after i put them into one file the result was the same.Any ideas on what should i do????
  • sean
    • Nov 2001

try using virtualdub to sync the audio and the video..works fine 4 me

goodluck
    sean

Comment

• LaFouine
      Platinum Member
      Platinum Member
      • Dec 2001

I agree, VirtualDub is the best to put audio and video together.
      Tell us more about your hardware configuration anyway...
      Rip In Peace
      LaFouine

Comment

• ge0rge
        • Dec 2001

still got the problem

well i have several times tried virtual dub, both videio and audio are justa fine if i play them without having them merged.But as soon as i put them in the same file the avi(video and audio) i have the same result. I have a Pentum III 500 Mhz,my sound card is an on-board one VIA AC'97 Audio Controller (WDM), what else about my system should i tell you?

Comment

• omarh
          • Nov 2001

I know people keep saying you can play divx with a processor as low as a 400 mhz one, but I always had problems with audo syncing until I upgraded to an athlon 1.4 gig. now i never get audio sync problems...

so in my case, CPU power helped me big time...or maybe it was just a crappy via chipset who knows.

but i'm using the same RAM and same hard drive and same video card as before....
          I had a PIII 733 mhz before.

Comment

Working...