Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • primalrex
    • Aug 2002

re-encodedivx 3 to divx 4or 5

got a small prob... i have a quite large collection of divx movies ..so i thought buy a xcard put it in a old pc i have here ...
    did that now i find not one of my movies is divx 4 or 5 so of course cannot play any of them..is there a way of re-encoding divx3 to divx 4 or 5 ..????
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

Yes, you might reencode them in virtualdub. But if I were you I would hold off a little. From what I've read in various places, a tool for direct conversion (without reencoding) from divx3 to divx5 compatiple, should be in the works.

But I'am not making any promises, I'am not even sure it's theoretically possible.
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• AdamX
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by khp
      Yes, you might reencode them in virtualdub. But if I were you I would hold off a little. From what I've read in various places, a tool for direct conversion (without reencoding) from divx3 to divx5 compatiple, should be in the works.

But I'am not making any promises, I'am not even sure it's theoretically possible.
      Just want to know if somone knows about a tool for direct conversion, pretty much not using my puter nowadays since im converting my Movie collection from div3 to div5 for my x-card, not complaining since my x-card is worth a little x-tra work, but it would be good to be able to use the puter for something else the upcoming 5-6 weeks

Comment

• khp
        The Other
        • Nov 2001

I'am sorry to disappoint you (and getting your hopes up in the first place).

From what I hear this project isn't makeing much progress.

But again, my knowledge on this subject it completly based on rumors, posted in places like the divx.com forums, which is not exactly the most reliable source of information.
        Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
        http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• AdamX
          • Sep 2002

thx!

np!

Thx Anyway

Comment

Working...