X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skydiver
    • Sep 2002

Divx help me out with a 5.02 2 pass file question

Hay divx'ers,
    I was wondering if anyone could help me out. If for example (and if anybody could recommend a good nay great bitrate calculator for divx 5.02 that would be dandy) I encoded my lovely new divx and found that the size was rather smaller then initially desired do I have to do the first pass again aswell or can I use the same log and mvfile as my previous encoding and just increase the bitrate?
    Cheers
  • LaFouine
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Dec 2001

Are you encoding a "dark" movie ?
    What encoding pack are you using ?
    Rip In Peace
    LaFouine

Comment

• LaFouine
      Platinum Member
      Platinum Member
      • Dec 2001

I mean that if the movie is "dark", like "The Others" for instance, you could reach the maximum quality you can get. Whatever the birate you choose, the size will keep the same, unless you increase the definition (size) of the movie : 640x... instead of 576x...

Let us know
      Rip In Peace
      LaFouine

Comment

• skydiver
        • Sep 2002

I am currently using Flask 0.6 preview but have recently started to experiment with Gordian Knot 0.26. Which do you think I should put my time in with?

Yes this movie is quite dark it is 'From Hell' so I suspect that I have reached the maximum. But just out of interest is it possible to use the same log and mv files?
        Thanx for your help I am learning everyday!

Comment

• Enchanter
          Old member
          • Feb 2002

can I use the same log and mvfile as my previous encoding and just increase the bitrate?
          As long as you don't change any major settings that affect the compressibility (resolution, brightness level, colour saturation, etc.) of the movie, the answer is yes you can.

Khp once recommended redoing the first pass if you change the bitrate by a very significant amount (can't remember how much though). Might be a handy thing to keep in mind.

Comment

• Bchball
            • Aug 2002

Yeah i remember because i asked this question about a month ago. Khp mentioned not to change the bitrate more than 30%. I had a similar movie where no matter what bitrate over 1000 the movie would only come out at 640meg.

Comment

• khp
              The Other
              • Nov 2001

Originally posted by Bchball
              Yeah i remember because i asked this question about a month ago. Khp mentioned not to change the bitrate more than 30%. I had a similar movie where no matter what bitrate over 1000 the movie would only come out at 640meg.
              Ughh, did I say that ?, then it must be true

I was just quoting Gej's divx encoding guidelines, found on the divx.com site.
              Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
              http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• Enchanter
                Old member
                • Feb 2002

Originally posted by khp
                Ughh, did I say that ?, then it must be true

I was just quoting Gej's divx encoding guidelines, found on the divx.com site.
                LOL. I did not expect that.

Comment

Working...