• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • I26
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Jun 2002

IFO file won't work....

This is a weird, never happened to me before, problem. I copied the entire contents of a disc to my hd. No problems with that. I then tried to open the ifo file needed to encode each vob sequentially like normal. I get an error in Flask saying an error occured when opening this file. I know its not an error dealing with Flask being installed wrong. Some of the ifo files open and would work but they contain only video info for vob that contain the previews on the dvd. How else can I make the entire movie encode at once? I don't understand why some ifo will open and others not...i ripped the ifo files using both speedripper and cladxp....can't figure it out. Thanx, i26

Homegrown Desktop:
    P4 2.4 @ 2.7
    ATI 9700pro @ 419.4/730.8
    3dMark01--17,189
    Air Cooled System Temps @ Benchtime: 2c--MB / 4c--CPU

Dell 8600 Inspiron Laptop:
    Pentium M 1.4GHz
    NVidiaGF Go5650
    3dMark01--9,842
  • frenzy500
    • Jan 2003

I have the same problem....... is there nobody who knows what it is?????

Comment

• I26
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Jun 2002

If you use Flask version .594 i think it is(the only version with a 5 in it on the main site for flask) you can select the first vob file of the movie and it will select the rest of the vobs sequentially like they should be and u can encode the entire movie like normal. Works like a champ. Hope this helps!!

Homegrown Desktop:
      P4 2.4 @ 2.7
      ATI 9700pro @ 419.4/730.8
      3dMark01--17,189
      Air Cooled System Temps @ Benchtime: 2c--MB / 4c--CPU

Dell 8600 Inspiron Laptop:
      Pentium M 1.4GHz
      NVidiaGF Go5650
      3dMark01--9,842

Comment

• xvid
        • Jan 2003

Use smartripper : )
        It Works 99.44% Of The Time

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"i ripped the ifo files using both speedripper and cladxp"
          "I copied the entire contents of a disc to my hd"

Did you "rip" (remove copy protection) the .VOBs to your hard drive, or merely copy them? (They MUST be ripped)

Comment

• xvid
            • Jan 2003

With SR i used to rip with the movie button, but after 3 times of missing the first 5 or so minutes of film, ( one time noticing after encoding the whole d*** thing) I discontinued using that setting and chose the file button, including the .ifo and all the .vobs that follow. SR usually selects the vobs you want to use but seems to miss that first one which is usually just credits and warnings but some times it is the first five minutes. Cheers

Comment

• lord_kram
              • Jan 2003

I found that if you have problems with ifo files, then the best way to rip a dvd is to use "DVD Decrypter" and change the settings so that you can merge the vob files into 1 big file, and make sure file splitting is disabled.
              Then when you open the file in flaskmpeg, the whole dvd will be there rdy to convert

Comment

Working...