Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pulento9
    • Sep 2002

Dvd To Divx Problem

hello, i'm trying to convert a movie from DVD TO DIVX but my movie turns out to be very long. like i use flaskmpeg and when i choose Select Codec and then I hit configure there is an option call "Variable Bitrate Mode" there is 1-pass, 1 pass quality based, 2pass first pass, and 2 pass second pass. which on should i use? i want to make the movie fit on a cd with good quality. what i want to do is actually back up my dvd movie i have. Can somebody help me out?

thanks
    Last edited by pulento9; 4 Oct 2002, 11:53 AM.
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Read the guides available from around the net. Here's one from Doom9 to help you get started.

Comment

• pulento9
      • Sep 2002

problems again

ok I end up choosing 2 pass second pass. Now the problem is that the movie file size is too big. I just dont know why,. i set up the Kbps to 1074 using a special calculator. the movie it's 95 minutes long... i just dont know what i'm doing wrong. can you tell me or let me know what i'm doing wrong? or can you contact me using AIM or MSN MESSANGER? I would really appriciated it
      thanks

AIM: VanHalen76 MSN MESSANGER: pulento9@hotmail.com

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

In that case, I'd just redo the whole thing if I were you (ie. Perform the first pass, followed by the second pass).

Now the problem is that the movie file size is too big.
        How big is it?

Since you're using Flask, it is very possible that the sound stream of the movie file is in uncompressed PCM WAV. Opening the file in Virtualdub and going to File -> File Information will reveal more details on the movie file.

Comment

• pulento9
          • Sep 2002

the file size it's like 2GB. I did try to see if it was MPEG LAYER and it was right. I had it set up to 96kbits so that's no problem, i know im doing something wrong but i just cant figure out, i have red sooo many articles and my eyes are just killing me, lol... the weird thing is that i'm following all the instruccions.......... i dont know whatelse to say.... can you try to contact me pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, ill very much appriciate it.. thank youuuuuuuu

Comment

• pulento9
            • Sep 2002

I WISH I CAN SEND YOU A PICTURE OF WHAT I'M DOING...
            Last edited by pulento9; 5 Oct 2002, 07:36 AM.

Comment

• pulento9
              • Sep 2002

OHH I THINK I FOUND THE PROBLEM

THINK I FOUND THE PROBLEM... LIKE WHEN I PUT MP3 LAYER AND I SELECT 96KBITS IT JUST DOESNT STAY ON THAT CONFIGURATION........... WHERE CAN I SEND YOU A PIC SO YOU CAN SEE WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT?

THANKS

Comment

Working...