Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MickM
    • Oct 2002

DivX + MP3 Out of Synch...?

I use Smartripper and FlaskMPEG to backup my DVD's but have recently hit on a problem with audio synchronisation. I recently downloaded Vanilla Sky as two MPEG files and edited them together before encoding with DivX 5.02 Pro. If I play back in Windows Media player the audio does not match the video. I've tried several settings and even tried using the DivX audio codec but this gives no sound at all. The problem is the same on both my PC's. If I use the DivX Playa the audio seems to stay in synch but if I move the slider to skip through the movie it just locks up.

Any ideas or suggestion on what I should try?

Mick
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Flask does not correct for the minor timing anomaly in .MP3 codecs. What I do is initially use Flask to convert to .AVI with 48,000Hz Uncompressed PCM (.WAV) audio. I then load the .AVI into VirtualDub, set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copying" and "Audio" to "Full Processing Mode". Under the "Audio" dropdown menu, I click on "Conversion" and select "44,100Hz". Under "Compression", I select "MPEG Layer 3 (.MP3)" and the sampling rate (at 44,100Hz) I prefer. I then save with a new filename.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• MickM
      • Oct 2002

Cheers setarip... things worked out much better using Virtual Dub. It turns out though that the audio and video during last 10 minutes of the original MPEG go out of synch anyway, maybe as a result of my editing the two halves together using Videowave..? I'm sure there must be a way of resynching but no doubt that requires time and patience..?

Thanks, I'll be sure to use Virtual Dub in the future...

Mick

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...