Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kevinkyleaaron
    • Jan 2002

problem with xvid

can anyone help im having trouble converting xvid so i can watch it on my standalone dvd player.im using avi2vcd to decompress the audio then i tryed putting it in tmpge but it comes up with an error after a few secs.if anyone can help thanks
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

Have you tried loading the xvid file (audio intact) in TMPGEnc and then converting?

Comment

• Hdestm8r
      • Oct 2002

I have recently received the exact same error and after the process of elimination I believe it is due to a XVID video codec. I am continually making VCD's and SVCD's and have never had a problem with TMPG, until I got this one movie encoded with the XVID codec. This movie was the first one I got that was compressed with this codec. I do not know which version of XVID it is in view of the fact there are several versions in circulation this movie was encoded with, but it was definitely the reason causing the error.

The fix is simply use Virtual Dub and recompress or otherwise change the codec away from the XVID. I simply recompress the movie using Dixv 5.02 and direct stream the audio, then use TMPG as normal.

Comment

• Batman
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2002

Instead of recompressing the entire video an easier solution would be to simply change the codec in the avi4cc changer software from xvid or divx5.
        Last edited by Batman; 15 Oct 2002, 01:10 AM.

Comment

• kevinkyleaaron
          • Jan 2002

nope im goin to try that now batman most xvid films ive done worked once i had put them through avi2vcd but return to neverland is the only film givin me trouble

Comment

• Batman
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Jan 2002

You may find TMPGenc to be easier to use and more functional as opposed to avi2vcd.

Comment

Working...