X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gnagy
    • Oct 2002

TMPGenc 2.5 can't convert Divx/Avi

Hi guys, I am new in making vcd.
    I have avi file (PAL) see attached jpeg for file info.
    I would like to convert it to NTSC VCD.
    Using TMPGEnc 2.5 – as soon as I try to bring it in TMPGenc crashes with error (Read error occurred at address 77FCB3D3 at module “ntdll.dll” with 9A000092)
    I am running Win2000 Server with SP3 500MB RAM, PIII 700MHz.
    When I used TMPGenc 12a and selected option as in CivX to VCD Conversion Guied by Legs and tCi – After 30% and several hours it crashed and mpeg was already 17GB ????
    I have resaved file in VirtualDub (Uncompressed audio – Video “Direct Streeming” and audio “Full processing mode” with no compression) This generated much bigger file (1.6 GB)
    In TMPGenc 12a:
    Video Tab: 352x240 , 4:3, 29,97fps, Constant image quality, maximum bit rate 100 000, motion search accuracy : Highest Quality (very slow)
    Advanced Tab: Fit to frame, Ghost Reduction, Noise Reduction, Edge Enhencment, Basic Colour Correction, Crop Video, Audio Effects

Audio:
    Streem type: Mpeg-1 Audio Layer II
    Sampling: 44100
    Stereo

System Type: Mpeg-1 Video CD

Could you guys post me setting I should use instead? Any idea why TMPGen 2.5 will crash as soon as I select this avi file?

Thanks for help
    Attached Files
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

I have no clue as to why you are getting that error. However, if you don't have the vfapi companion, install it. Secondly, upgrade to the latest version or build of TMPGenc.

Comment

Working...