Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eugene188
    • Mar 2002

which codec?!!?

wow i just saw some clips of a XviD rip of Scorpion King, which was 650 MB. at first i was skeptical about the quality, but DAMN..there are some hi motion scenes that I remember would leave 3.11a w/ block all over the place...but XviD handled it so nicely!

But WAIT!!!...there's the 5.XX codec...which also gives great quality. and then SBC...oh no...i have no idea which codec to use now...before there was no choice...and now that there is a choice i don't know what to do...HELP!!!
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

start testing and judging for yourself

i did and like divx5 best

Comment

• Chunny
      • Oct 2002

I like divx 3.11 because I can use SBC with it

but it results in a lot of this:
      Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

I did one with GKnot yesterday with Divx5Pro

and it's damn good enough for me.

For me

My choice is either Divx5 or XViD

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

To me, DivX 5.02 has provided great quality, better than any of its predecessors. It is also a hair ahead of SBC, I'd say. However, one animation movie I recently made did not compress so well with 5.02, but did very nicely with SBC. DivX 5.02 had quite a considerable amount of warming to the pictures whereas SBC had a minimal (close to none) amount of it. I used the same exact settings, of course.

My advice is for you to try out each codec and determine which one is suitable for the particular movie you are doing.

Comment

• techno
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Nov 2001

DIVX 3.11alpha RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOW file size, HIGH quality. unlike DIVX v4 or 5.

I stick to the original and best "old is gold"

Techno

Comment

Working...