X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ooFunk
    • Nov 2002

Attack of the clones audio problems

Please Help,

I am having problems converting the Attack of the Clones Div-x Files into VCD.

Tmpgenc just will not decode the audio?? The plays back ok and i have installed all the codecs i can think of.

The Div-x Files are:

star wars - Episode II Attack Of The Clones [Divx]part1.avi
    star wars - Episode II Attack Of The Clones [Divx]part2.avi

Any ideas??
  • sneglen
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Oct 2002

If you can hear the sound in VirtualDub, you can Frameserver the Avi from that.

You need to run the "Auxsetup.exe" in the VirtualDub's folder and press the "Install Handler" Button then restart your computer.

Open the files In VirtualDub and select "File-->Start Frame Server"

Press OK and select a place for the file (Remeber to type "Filename.Vdr", it is necassery to add the vdr after the name otherwise it will not work.

When you have done this VirtualDub will minimize and you can open Tmpgenc and choose the file you have just made.

To open the file just choose "All Files" in the open menu in Tmpgenc otherwise you cannot find it. If it says it cannot open the file try restarting and installing the handler again.

Good Luck

(Tip: If the movie need resizing then resize it in VirtualDub because it is must faster than Tmpgenc)
    If Nobody Bought Movies, Why Should They Continue To Make Them?

"Bull****" Neo To The Father Of The Matrix In Reloaded

Comment

• ooFunk
      • Nov 2002

No i cant hear any sound in Virtual Dub, it plays ok in media player and powerDVD etc etc.... i check the file information in Virtual dub and found the audio to be of unknown type (tag 2000) aparently this relates to the hacked ac3 audio codec but it still doesnt work when this is installed!!

Its a shame as this version is perfect!

Comment

• Batman
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2002

TMPGenc will not accept AC3 audio input, you will need to convert that AC3 audio to cbr mp3 or wav format. Search thisf orum or the forum at doom9.org for detailed information on the conversion process.

Comment

• ooFunk
          • Nov 2002

Thanks for the advice but how do i convert the Audio stream is Virtual Dub doesnt recognise the ac3 and still calls it unknown (tag 2000).

I have installed the divx 3.11 beta and also the ac3 standalone but to no avail.

Please help.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

**IMPORTANT - VirtualDub v.1.4AC3 is a specific MODIFIED version of VirtualDub!

Load the .AVI file into VirtualDub v1.4C-AC3, set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copying" and select (under "File") "Save .WAV/.AC3" - and save as .AC3 (IMPERATIVE to save as .AC3!).

Despite the fact that .AC3 file extracted using VDub-AC3 doesn't play properly, PX3AC3Converter (or BeSweet) will do a perfect job of converting it to .WAV format.

Comment

• Batman
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Jan 2002

There's all the info you need

Comment

Working...