Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nadav
    • Dec 2002

Update in Subtitling ...

I can make movies with sub in Virtual Dub.

in the compression we choose not the pass 1 and not the pass 2 -We choose "Quality based" (only in divx 4 and 5) and in the quantizer we choose a number between 2 and 31 when 2 is the highest quality and 31 is the worst.
    When I encode the movie with quant 2, the file size was too much then the original (900 mb) so I encode again choosing 2.8 and got a much file size that close to the original file size and also the bitrate was close to the original -

So I succeed to make a subbed movie that have a littly lose of quality.
    We just need to play with the quantilzer setting, I succed to get to 660 mb with quant 2.8, the original is 700 mb so I'll try to set it now to 2.9 and hope it will come out closer to 700 and not higher than that .

Comment

• Enchanter
      Old member
      • Feb 2002

Re: Update in Subtitling ...

Originally posted by Nadav
      I can make movies with sub in Virtual Dub.

in the compression we choose not the pass 1 and not the pass 2 -We choose "Quality based" (only in divx 4 and 5) and in the quantizer we choose a number between 2 and 31 when 2 is the highest quality and 31 is the worst.
      When I encode the movie with quant 2, the file size was too much then the original (900 mb) so I encode again choosing 2.8 and got a much file size that close to the original file size and also the bitrate was close to the original -

So I succeed to make a subbed movie that have a littly lose of quality.
      We just need to play with the quantilzer setting, I succed to get to 660 mb with quant 2.8, the original is 700 mb so I'll try to set it now to 2.9 and hope it will come out closer to 700 and not higher than that .
      It would be much better if you simply acquire the required bitrate (in order to reach 700MB) using a calculator, and then running the 2-pass encoding procedure. In all likelihood, you will reach the desired filesize and quality without having to repeat the encoding so many times.

Comment

Working...