Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eli2k
    • Oct 2002

Encoding Interlaced Movies

Okay, nobody replied to this other post: http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...threadid=14302

So I'll start over again.

The movie I have changes between Interlaced and Progressive. It was once a show on TV and from what I have read online, they film it at 24 fps and they have to change it 29.970 fps and so they do some weird thing with half the frame and overlapping, etc.

How would I go about encoding this type of DVD?
    -Eli
  • eli2k
    • Oct 2002

Okay, I just looked at these two articles:

That might work, but I'm having trouble understanding it.

I created the project file in DVD2AVI. Then I looked at the TMPGENC guide. The VFAPI plugin was included in TMPGENC. So inside TMPGENC, I put the right field order, etc, made the right settings, and then saved the project file.

I also used the VFAPI converter to convert to a VFAPI-AVI and now I do not know what else to do. Will this be usable in Gordian Knot? Or will I be calculating this stuff on my own, which I would be willing to do.
    -Eli

Comment

• Enchanter
      Old member
      • Feb 2002

Try the following on a test file:
      1. Create DVD2AVI Project (D2V) file
      2. Open the D2V file in GordianKnot
      3. Configure all settings as usual, while checking the option Inverse Telecine or Smart Deinterlace
      4. Save and create the AVS file (and close GordianKnot)

5. Open the AVS file in Virtual/nandub
      6. Scroll around using the slider and see whether the video still has any remaining interlace lines

Comment

• eli2k
        • Oct 2002

Ah-ha; well the lines were gone and I disabled Smooth Playback and it seemed to fix the freezing

Anyway, is encoding this way any different than using TMPGEnc? The Divx clip I encoded is sort of jittery; it has a few pauses at the beginning as if the frames were trying to catch up...hmmm
        Last edited by eli2k; 7 Dec 2002, 12:00 PM.
        -Eli

Comment

Working...