Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rfs830
    • Jul 2002

divx for video capture

i just got a ati all in wonder pci and the capture program that comes with it sucks. I want to use divx or either mpeg1 but I need a good program that will do this. I tryed virtualdub but it only will stay on one channel unless im doing it wrong. If you all could let me know a program that is good for this and maybe some link on were to get it. Thanks in advance for the help you all. One day I will have every dbz episode. lol
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

You should be able to change the channel that virtualdub captures to, by changeing the channel with whatever TV-viewer or recorder that comes with the card.
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

i use virtualdub, which works fine

try changing the channel with any other tv-tool and then go back into VD again

Comment

• rfs830
        • Jul 2002

well when I try to open up the capture program that come with it it will say another program is using the card and will not open. I think I just need to play around a bit more or just need some more info.

Comment

• khp
          The Other
          • Nov 2001

Close virtual dub
          Change channel with other prog
          Start virtualdub
          Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
          http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• rfs830
            • Jul 2002

i did that I the ati program on channel 60 and it starts up and channel 2. Let me try some other things when i get home. Know of any other good program to use.

Comment

• rfs830
              • Jul 2002

Thanks for the help. I found out how to get the video part working in virtual dub but and how to set the channle but the audio dose not see to capture. Im not to sure of what other setting to set for the sound. I only have 2 different settigs for the sound, compression and volume meter. Should I have more settings. Thanks for all the help.

Comment

• spytek
                • Nov 2002

I take it you can hear sound when you are normally watching TV using your card. when you select "capture avi" from the menu.. do you get any sound?

if not then try this.. open virtual dub, select "capture avi". once the capture screen is open, select "exit capture mode" (or something like that). go to the audio menu in the main window and select "full processing mode" then choose "compression" from the audio menu and select "no compression". Go the file menu and select "capture avi" and hopefully you will hear sound. If you dont then i dont know what can be wrong (assuming you have checked that the sound isnt muted in the volume control).

Volume is just the volume level and compression is where you select the bitrate for the sound (use PCM unless your encoding both video and audio together)

Comment

Working...