X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • techno
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Nov 2001

For the record, I created a guide on DVDx, and well, as I said in the end, DVDx does not rule.

I told many ppl this but they won't listen.

DO NOT USE DVDx, it is crap! the quality is poor, the problems are terrible and also, alot of time needed to encode!

Comment

• AMurderOfCrows
      • Dec 2002

Demise

have you got a simpler way?

Vampire Hunter D worked fine with DVDx, with the exception that i can't seem to get any better video quality any more...despite my encoding VBR being at 3500 (if you checked out the first post in this thread, you would see that i am using DivX 5.02 Pro with 1-pass VBR. current vbr rate is 3500)

also, i need the subtitles, and i relinked the japanese audio track to the english one, eliminating the english one....i have a feeling that perhaps my problems lie in doing that.

in any case, i really do not want to sit and insert blank space every few seconds to make the movie audio work, nor do i have the time to do it that way anyway.

so, if DVDx sucks so much, why doesn't someone try to improve it? the program incorperates everything i need into a couple of steps, and i still found the quality of my anime films more than acceptable. rather than working on another hyper intensive Gordian Knot version, why not see if you all can take the DVDx approach to it and really automate the process, working on getting better quality. Gordian Knot: Idiot's Edition or something. i don't want a 7+ step process, i want a 1-3 step process.

if you guys could do that, i'd even pay for the program.

in the meantime, i'm going back to DVDx to work on the MSCL box set. I still want vampire princess miyu to get encoded though, so maybe someone can suggest a simpler (not Gordian Knot) way of doing this?

/<
      Last edited by AMurderOfCrows; 29 Jan 2003, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Working...