X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mura
    • Dec 2002

AC3 and Scorpion King...

Hi all,

I am not totally new to Divxing. I have ripped many movies but am kind of new to AC3 and want some expert advice. I ripped some dvds and it works find, but when I ripped Scorpion King, Blade II and some others, the sound is way out of sync. I have tried every single effort to get it into sync, but no go. I have read the forums of many places, read the guides, and trial-n-error for 2 straight days.

I ripped Scorpion King with Smart Ripper.
    I used DVD2AVI to get the AC3.
    I used VFAPI to get the psuedo AVI.
    I got the encoded AVI (using 2 passes and no audio) with Virtual dub.
    I used the modified Virtual Dub (with AC3) to put the AC3 audio with the secondpass AVI.

Scorpion King has the following attributes on my comp.
    - 29 fps (did not use force film in DVD2AVI because I always hook up the screen to the big TV. Since I am in Japan, I guessed the TV to be able to play only stuff like 29 or 30fps...maybe I am wrong)
    -384kb for AC3 sound

When I interleave the sound, I started off with 160preload and 160ms interleave with no delay (the AC3 aquired from DVD2AVI had no delay on the filename...I did it twice, and even with SmartRipper to make sure).

When I play it (in every single player...I have all the necessary filters and codecs installed. Thats why the previous versions work), the sound and video is always out of sync. I tried different values for all POSSIBLE combinations. The start might be in sync, then 5 minutes later...out of sync, or vice-versa.

Now, I am getting really frustrated, because I don't know what the problem is. Wondering if someone might be able to help me walk properly again.

Thankyou very much.
    Last edited by Mura; 31 Dec 2002, 06:08 AM.
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

Re: AC3 and Scorpion King...

Originally posted by Mura
    Scorpion King has the following attributes on my comp.
    - 29 fps (did not use force film in DVD2AVI because I always hook up the screen to the big TV. Since I am in Japan, I guessed the TV to be able to play only stuff like 29 or 30fps...maybe I am wrong)
    Divx5 stores the video as full progressive frames, so you really really should use forcefilm or IVTC to get a proper picture (unless you are resizeing to half the DVD res.
    But even if this was not a problem, you really should deinterlace anyway to get the picture properly resized to the proper aspect ration.
    Plus it gives each frame a extra 25% bitrate.

Originally posted by Mura

When I play it (in every single player...I have all the necessary filters and codecs installed. Thats why the previous versions work), the sound and video is always out of sync. I tried different values for all POSSIBLE combinations. The start might be in sync, then 5 minutes later...out of sync, or vice-versa.
    Encode both passes with the latest version of virtualdub (not some ugly hack) without audio. Then mux the AC3 file into the avi file with nandub.
    Last edited by khp; 31 Dec 2002, 11:58 AM.
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• Mura
      • Dec 2002

Thanx...

I'll try it!!

Comment

Working...