• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IndusJoe
    • Dec 2002

How To Encode With AC3

Happy New Year Peoples, let's hear those discs spin!!! woo woot
    anyhooo

I've encoded lot's of flicks in the past using MP3, but I am a noob in the AC3 business. So can anyone help me out with info on the matter and the apps i need to use to do this.
    That being said is it possible to convert 90 minutes of footage using XVID and AC3 to 700 megs...

Any help would be appreciated.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

If you're using Flask (or similar) to convert your ripped DVD, you can select (under the "Audio" tab) "Direct Stream Copy" to extract the audiostream in its pristine .AC3 format. Otherwise, you can use VOB2AUDIO to extract the .AC3 audiostream. You can then use Nandub to combine the silent XVID-compressed .AVI with the .AC3 audiostream...

(Of course, the methodology changes if you're using other conversion software - about which other posters may provide information)

Comment

• IndusJoe
      • Dec 2002

Thanks Again Setarip, I found a pretty comprehensive article on divx-digest.

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

click my upper anigif

you could easily extract ac3 from your vobs using dvd2avi and simply finally mux those ac3 with nandub (keep in mind to use proper interleaving settings when muxing ac3 - more in my guide)

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"Thanks Again Setarip"

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...