X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

XXX-Russian/English

Has anyone been successful at properly converting the movie "XXX", so that the limited "special" English subtitles (that only appear on the DVD playback when Russian is being spoken) appear in a DivX-compressed .AVI? If so, please advise the software and procedures you've used to accomplish this.

Thanks in advance ;>}
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

didnt do so, but should work like episode1/2 or LOTR; i.e. searching for the forced subs and using any subtitle tool of your choice (vobsub, subrip etc)

what's the problem in your particular case?

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

To UncasMS

As you know, I continue to prefer to use Flask - and am, therefore, readily able to directly incorporate FULL subtitles as a permanent part of the video.

This is the first time I've been confronted with "limited" subtitles that are not selectable as a substitle stream when using "Open DVD". As a consequence, I've never had the need (nor experience) of using any subtitle tools.

As I've said before, the day that there's nothing new to be learned will be the day I die ;>}

Thanks for the info. I presume the tools you've indicated will allow me to add these "limited" subtitles as a PERMANENT part of the .AVI file (as opposed to being played as an "add-in" each time the movie is viewed).

("searching for the forced subs" - Any specific methodology involved in this?)

Thanks again...

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

maybe editing the ifo file and getting rid of all additional subtitles might make flask work properly!?

any methodology?
        well the usual: trial and error when it comes to subtitles!
        they tend to be mean little sucker every now and then

Comment

Working...