Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aranthi
    • Jan 2003

Xvid Avi Bad Frames how i extract??

hey i have a Xvid encoded avi file and i have 1 bad frame and i dont know how to extract it what prog should i use i have already tryed the following

Virtual Dub
    AviDeFreezer

Is their anything else i cant convert without taking out this bad frame plz help
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Try DivFix...

Comment

• Ndb
      • Mar 2002

It's not that easy to just remove a single bad frame, as it can cause sync probs. Always cut at KEYFRAMES!!

Right if Virtual Dub found bad frames (without crashing - it likes to do that), then just save out the file with "direct stream copy" selected for both video and audio and this should clean the junk out.

If not, then get Virtual Dub MP3-Freeze and let it check for bad frame (under the video heading). It will create a text file with all the bad frames i.e. like this:

etc etc (it is on C: or where ever you installed windows)

Now just mark the in and out to the closest KEYFRAMES containing the bad frames and delete them.

ALWAYS DELETE THE HIGHEST FRAMES FIRST!!!!!
      This is because if you delete the lower numbers first, then the frames don't match anymore because you just removed a block and V-Dub will count again from there.

As far as I know DivFix don't like XViD, but it might for you.

I hope this helps Ndb)

As always this is IMHO

Comment

• inthehizzouse
        • Mar 2003

I too have these problems with bad frames, which always lead to sync problems. I have tried using the vdub mp3 freeze mod, however, it always crashes. I have yet to get it to finish and list the bad frames. Do you know of another way to get a report of the bad frames?

Comment

• inthehizzouse
          • Mar 2003

It's fixed. A very easy way to do this, which I must say I got from one of the other posts, is to resave the avi with vdub setting the audio and video to direct stream copy. Vdub automatically masks the bad frames and keeps the audio and video in sync. A quick and easy solution.

Comment

• UncasMS
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2001

i was just gonna search the link to my posting

Comment

Working...