Problems Encoding in Windows XP - HELP!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spooky0903
    • May 2002

Good! somebody realized what I was talking about. If you zoom in, you can see noticeable horizontal divisions. If you look even closer, these divisions are equidistant from each other and create "pane" distortions.

I have been using the same settings that I used on my old PII-350 and get no such distortions.

Using the same settings... the same codec... I can only conclude that this is an issue perhaps with codec compatibility with XP? Not sure. I mean... more than likely this is probably a glitch on my part... but at this point, I have exhausted just about every possibility.

Look close around her face and watch the video closely and you will see the distortions.

I appreciate the input gents... still trying to find a way to clear those problems out. If anybody... I mean ANYBODY can help me out, I will see to it that they will get a nice little video file... lol... with proof of age of course LOL... jk...

Thanks

Comment

• khp
      The Other
      • Nov 2001

The different CPU should make no difference, unless you have idct selection set to 'autodetect' in which case it might make a tiny bit of difference.

I'am pretty much convinced that this is a problem with the deinterlacing, but ofcourse it will never be perfect when you keep it at 29.97 fps.
      Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
      http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• spooky0903
        • May 2002

mmmm... interesting... I just uninstalled my divx 4.12 codec... and reinstalled divx 5 codec... lol... and started up the encoding process... and wa-la! my first run is promising... no horizontal lines.

I will try encoding the entire video and see what happens.

Thanks for the input as always.

Comment

Working...