Why does my video always come out interlaced?!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BKNet2006
    • Dec 2002

Why does my video always come out interlaced?!

Every single time I convert VOB's into AVI's, the video always comes out interlaced, no matter what codec I use, program I use, or ripper I use. Why does it do this? (I normally use the DivX 5.0.2 codec.) What can I do to prevent it?
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

If you are working with NTSC DVD contents, that will come as no surprise. You need to perform Deinterlacing or Inverse Telecine (for originally-FILM NTSC contents) to rid the video of the interlace artifacts.

Comment

• BKNet2006
      • Dec 2002

If I use FlaskMPEG, how do I do inverse telecine for a NTSC - film?

Comment

• BKNet2006
        • Dec 2002

Also, what if the source is 29.97 NTSC DVD and it still comes out interlaced?

Comment

• Enchanter
          Old member
          • Feb 2002

Originally posted by BKNet2006
          If I use FlaskMPEG, how do I do inverse telecine for a NTSC - film?
          I've used Flask 0.594 and 0.6 only and they don't come with any options for Inverse Telecine. I don't know if the newer Flask 0.7 comes with IVTC capability but I doubt it.

I would suggest that you give GordianKnot a try. It is far more powerful and gives far better quality to Flask (I moved away from Flask more than a year ago and have never looked back).

Originally posted by BKNet2006
          Also, what if the source is 29.97 NTSC DVD and it still comes out interlaced?
          That's Flask for you. It does not deinterlace properly ever.

Comment

• MrSnail
            • Jun 2002

Yeah, I used Flask when I first started encoding and had to do rips on like 2 cds for them to look good quality.

Then I learned about GordianKnot and 2pass 3.11a encoding and my 1 cd rips come out better than my old 2 cd Flask ones
            If at first you don't succeed, give up.

Comment

Working...