X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RaihanT
    • Jan 2003

Capture video from TV tuner

Hi everyone,

I recently bought a tv tuner, a Hauppauge WinTv Premio Fm, a cheap card that i wanted to be able to record video and audio from the TV and then burn them on a DVD.

The software bundled with my DVD writer was Sonic's MyDVD that was suppposed to take video directly from the tv tuner card and burn it. However the card isnt recognised by the prog (uncompatibility).

I was wondering if there are any programs out there that can capture video directly from the card and burn them on DVD as well as being compatible with my card. If not- i would like to know what method you would recommend in capturing the video from the card and them burning it- the simplist and quickest way is preferrable but i would prefer to keep the quality.

thanks
  • techno
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Nov 2001

it's better to do it induvidually, rather than "all in one"

good card too!

to get the best quality, use "Techno's Law" (hehe):

capture at:

352*288/320*240 (or DVD res if u want but u will make the file size HUGE!)

YUY2/YUV12 format

NO RECOMPRESSION

CD quality uncompressed audio

25fps/30 if u live in NTSC Region

capture!

use a program like AVI_IO to capture over several files, since this capture will fill up the space quality (650MB = about 4 mins) but the quality is worth it in the end

then convert to MPEG2 using TMPGENC

then burn using nero, or a Instant CD-DVD. I am making a guide on this one.

Then burn, it's simple.

Best of luck and if u need any help, myself and others are able to help

Comment

• RaihanT
      • Jan 2003

thanks mate, ill have a go using your tutorial. However while i was messing around with this program i came across one called Neo DVD plus that seems to be able to directly capture and burn while only storing a small file on the HD

results are good, but i will use your method and compare results

Comment

Working...