• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • embriao
    • Feb 2003

Menu Rip

Hi ppl
    im new here
    I would like to know if its possible to completly rip and encode a DVD to DivX!
    I mean..to make a divx with all the menu and extras....
  • icegod
    • Nov 2002

ripping the extra's shouldn't be a problem. simply rip all of the vob's from the dvd to get that. but the menu I wouldn't know.

Comment

• techno
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Nov 2001

I don't think you can make a DIVX movie with menus, unless I am mistaken.

Take a look:

Digital Digest DivX XviD Software Section - List of recommended, top 10 DivX, XviD and AVI software, latest news and updates

or look on doom9.org

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

To embriao (Original Poster!)

"I don't think you can make a DIVX movie with menus, unless I am mistaken." ???

It certainly appears that you can. If you use the following link, you'll find information and a current live link to download the required "MiniDVD" software (based on MicroDVD):

Download DvD to miniDvD, a DVD to DivX with MicroDVD format conversion tool

Be advised, however, that apparently very few standalone DVD players are capable of playing "MiniDVDs"
        Last edited by setarip; 3 Feb 2003, 08:01 AM.

Comment

• techno
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Nov 2001

ok, thank-u. just werent sure if it were possible, but now that is clear for myself, and many others.

thank-you

Comment

• khp
            The Other
            • Nov 2001

As I understand it, the dvd2minidvd tool creates divx encoded movies with menus in the MicroDVD format. These movies will not be playable on any standalone players, except the kiss dp-450, which I strongly suspect won't read the microDVD menus.

BTW, I think it's extremely misleading to use the word minidvd about this, since there is an entirely different format called miniDVD, which as setarip states, only a few standalone players can play. Doom9 has a guide on the real miniDVD format.

Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
            http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

Some additional information from the DivX-Digest download page:

"From the Author :
              It's a complete dvd->minidvd (DivX with MicroDVD format)copy tool. It allows to demultiplex the signal contained in a DVD (Such as Video choosing angle, Audio and additional audio Tracks) forming separated compressed files.

In order to archieve such a result the following engines where utilized: M2Avi px3/ogo, Ac3Dec, Azid, Lame, WMA etc...

Suitable modifications where introduced in the original codes in order to get the possibility of running command lines without loosing the processing control.

User friendly interface allow a fully automated run after an initial assisted codec setting."

Comment

• The Maynard
                • Jan 2003

I just plan on building a dedicated computer to plug into the TV and my DD reciever to play Dvix files with ac3 and menus. I love the MicroDVD or MiniDVD program and the way you can construct your menus with it. VERY easy to do!

Comment

Working...