Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tomaso1z
    • Feb 2003

reignOFfire n spiderman with flasmpeg

Using flash mpeg for vob 2 divx conversion I came across a couple of dvds that wer not recognised. Ripped using smartripper2.5 then opened up using flash0.594 it detected 0.0mb and then error saying
    "The file does not seem to be a valid supported file format."

This has happened with only recent released dvds of mine like "reign of fire" (class) and spiderman does anyone experience the same problem or if u can help i would be grateful.

-1z-
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

I had absolutely no trouble ripping (using DVD Decrypter) and converting (using Flask v.0.594PX3) "Spiderman" (NTSC).

I'd suggest that you try again, this time ripping the DVD(s) using DVD Decrypter...

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

there is no such version as smartripper 2.5

i used smartripper 2.41 with spiderman and all went fine.

what were your settings in smartripper?
      i recommend these:

Comment

• The Maynard
        • Jan 2003

Haven't tried Reign of Fire yet but I just got done with doing Spider-Man using Smartripper and DVD2AVI and no problems at all.

Comment

• tomaso1z
          • Feb 2003

Thankyou 4 advice

Thankyou for the advice. I tried updating my software but it came down to that - I did not include the rippin of the 'IFO parsing' file that Flash mpeg needs. I just ripped the main video file.

I could not just rip them again using ur guide because I had rented them and already sent them back. (from http://www.dvdsontap.com (Massive online uk dvd rentals) ).
          Well in the future i will rip properly like a good boy.

To get round this i just spilt the file up ('JR Split file pro') then rename them to vts_01_1.vob, vts_01_2.vob etc.. and flash mpeg now opens and converts the movie with no problem. Brilliant.

Cheers
          -1z-

Comment

Working...