X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • w3designer
    • Feb 2003

Premiere to DIVX

ok,
    im stuck, after searching this vast internet, i cant find a good example on how to go from working to premiere to divx,as most of them are about how to rip dvds. Through my tests, and what i have read i found that premiere (6.5) doesnt do well when exporting right out to divx, (wheather it be divx 3.11a 5.02 ect..)

i have two ten minute videos that i would like to take from DV and make it DIVX to keep high quality and a low file size. so i was wondering what i need to initialy export from in Premiere, and what programs i need to use to convert the video (and audio) to divx.
    if anyone knows how to do this, any ideas and suggestions would be much appreciated, because im really lost.

thanks,
    nic
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

you said you had DV-files

why not conmvert them directly to divx without premiere?

Comment

• w3designer
      • Feb 2003

well i guess there not in dv now, basicly we filmed a movie using a sony dv cam, then edited in premiere. now we want to take the movie and make it divx.

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

ok, that makes a difference

take a look here:

Comment

• Lord Fahruz
          • Feb 2003

Premiere->DivX withouth videoserver

I have also tried to look for a viable solution to encode a video edited in Premiere with DivX 5 in 2 passes and it seems like all involve a video/frame server to AVISynth or VDub. Are there really no ways of doing so directly in Premiere??

Comment

• UncasMS
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2001

all better transcoding orutines are based on avisynth and vd, so why searching for others ways, when this one has proven to be reliable and of high quality?

and btw: i dont know, maybe there are even other routines - i'd still prefer the combo avs+vd

Comment

• Lord Fahruz
              • Feb 2003

Well, I kinda think life is easier when an operation (ie encoding) can be carried out in the same software, without resorting to any cumbersome and convoluted intermediate steps and other programs.
              Actually it happened quite often to me that the server crashed or simply terminated because Premiere thought the encoding process was finished when I was only tinkering with my video clip in VDub.

Comment

Working...