Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rorypyro
    • Feb 2003

subtitles repitition

I've ripped Brotherhood of the wolf and saved the subtitles as a .sub file, so MicroDVD can play them.

I want to split the movie over two CDS, and I've followed the instructions to the letter

The first CD is fine, but the second one plays the subtitles from the very beginning of the file.

MicroDVD uses the same subtitle file in each instance, but it doesn't seem to be taking into account the frame number I specified in the INI file for disc 2

Can anyone help?
  • The Maynard
    • Jan 2003

What subtitle program are you using? If you're using vob2sub then what you'll need to do is split the subtitle file like you'd split a video file. For the first half start at 00:00:00.000 and goto the middle of the movie and for the second part start where you left off and go to the end. This will split them up so they will play properly. And it will also adjust the timecode as well.

Comment

• secotelli
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Dec 2002

which subtitle tool are you using??

i may help you by making it with subrip..

Comment

• rorypyro
        • Feb 2003

I'm using subrip to rip the subtitles, then subconvert to change the titles to MicroDVDs native format.

Comment

• secotelli
          Gold Member
          Gold Member
          • Dec 2002

ok then, i will tell you all single details to help you..maybe there is easier ways but thats how i do.. subtitle tools are so easy to work around.. once you start you will figure out everything yourself...

here we go..

1) in subrip click the green button below CHARACTERS, at the right of VOB button.. it says SHOW/HIDE SUBTITLES TEXT WINDOW when you take arrow on it.. new window will appear at bottom..

2) in this window, choose the correct frame rate of your movie (like 25, 23,976.... )

3) then, FILE...OPEN and load the subtitle you want to split..

4) you see 6 symbols at the right of the frame rates.. click the CD symbol which is 4th from left.. it says SPLIT TEXT FILE on it.. new window will appear..

5) open virtualdub or nandub, and load first part of your video.. go to end of the part with trackbar or just with one click to the END button which is 7th from left..

6) write down the exact time which is shown below the trackbar, at the right of the frame.. it is something like this.. (1:05:34.800) for example..

7) now turn back to our split window and check SPLIT OUTPUT FILE...

8) then to STOP AT section, write down the exact time which is shown below the trackbar in virtualdub, at the right of the frame.. it is something like this.. (1:05:34.800) for example.. dont touch START AT in subrip.. then press OK..

8) now you have the 1st part of your subtitles... FILE...SAVE AS and save your subtitle...

9) now we go for the rest, i mean 2nd part.. repeat (3),(4)and (7) again...

10) press the arrow button which shows from STOP AT to START AT.. that will write the time up automatically.. this will be the starting time of your 2nd cd..

11) then press LAST SUB. (if you wanna split into 2.. if you have 3CD movie, then you have to write the end time of 2nd CD instead of pressing LAST SUB.i guess you figured it out yourself too now anyway..) then press OK

12) and FILE...SAVE AS and save 2nd part of your subtitle..

thats it.. let me know about the result...

good luck

Comment

• LaFouine
            Platinum Member
            Platinum Member
            • Dec 2001

@rorypyro

You are using the right tool (subrip and subconvert), so there is no reason it doesn't work.

In MicroDVD format, the subtitle file must be the same for each CD. This is very important.

In fact, the mdvd.ini file must be exactly the same for each CD except the CDNumber line in the [MAIN] section.

In the [MOVIE] section be careful to use all those items :
            AVIName=toto1.avi
            AVI2Name=toto2.avi
            CD1Frames=85456
            CD2Frames=86477
            (this is an example).

The [SUBTITLES] section must look like this :
            Directory=Audio_ts
            Lines=2
            1=ENG English
            File=English.txt

and nothing more.