X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • solution
    • Feb 2003

FlaskMPEG encode video got DISTORT!!

hi everyone~
    i'm now using FlaskMPEG 0.7.8.39 to encode some movie for testing with using DivX 5.03. These movie are around 90-105 minutes. I found that the output movie are nice in quality at the beginning and the end part, but in the middle part of the movie, the graphic are all distorted with square quantizer and the color of the movie jump to somehtings like 16 color that very ugly, but this "distorted region" just for about 10-20 minues inside the movie, other part of the movie are still very good in quality! I have try encoing several movie also got the same problem! so is it the bugs of FlaskMPEG? Do anyone got the same problems too? And, any way to fix such problem??

• solution
    • Feb 2003

here is the screen shot~
    left one is the middle of movie, quantizer appear for about 10-20 minutes~
    right one is the end of movie, as u can see the image are clear~
    Attached Files

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

1) There have been multiple postings to these forums indicating that DivX v. 5.03 is flawed. You might want to regress to a prior version.

2) Have you played the source file(s), to ascertain that the problem didn't exist prior to processing with Flask?

3) "Quantizer" - Are you sure you don't mean pixel blocks?

Comment

• khp
        The Other
        • Nov 2001

Try disabling the divx5 certification profiles, I suspect this is what is causing, the rate control mechanism to run amok.
        Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
        http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• solution
          • Feb 2003

"Have you played the source file(s), to ascertain that the problem didn't exist prior to processing with Flask?"

The source VOB files are no problem...

""Quantizer" - Are you sure you don't mean pixel blocks?"

Yep... is pixel blocks, or as KHP said, it's macro blocks, i learn this terms start from today~

"Try disabling the divx5 certification profiles, I suspect this is what is causing, the rate control mechanism to run amok."

I have already disable-ed the profiles function to encode these movies!!~

Comment

• solution
            • Feb 2003

The problem get solved!
            that is, i giveup using "1-pass" but change to use "original 1-pass" mode. The pixel blocks problem gone away~

Comment

Working...