Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr.Dos
    • Feb 2003

Realtime MPEG-4 encoding

For a real compliant and high quality MPEG-4 encoder checkout Envivio.com.
    They have the best full line of MPEG-4 codecs available today!

Dr.Dos
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

Re: Realtime MPEG-4 encoding

Originally posted by Dr.Dos
    They have the best full line of MPEG-4 codecs available today!
    A rather bold statement, for a codec that has a userbase about the size of my household.

BTW, there is absolutly no good reason (or excuse) for cross posting. Please don't do this.
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• Dr.Dos
      • Feb 2003

Thanks for the comment; I thought the public needed to know.

However if you are a professional user you can appreciate the difference between the consumer give-aways that are everywhere and a quality tool for a commercial business application. This is part of the reason you don't see CNN in divix!

Dr.Dos

Comment

• khp
        The Other
        • Nov 2001

Thanks for the comment; I thought the public needed to know.
        If you think you have something worthy of public knowledge, you should ask the mods to make your thread sticky. That way many different people will see your thread. On the other hand, when you spam the forum with multiple messages, only a few people see your message, but most of those who do, see it multiple times, which is rather annoying.
        Although I strongly suspect that the mods are going to laugh at any such request regarding Envivio.

However if you are a professional user you can appreciate the difference between the consumer give-aways that are everywhere and a quality tool for a commercial business application. This is part of the reason you don't see CNN in divix!
        Untill I see some independent reviews , and comparison with other encoders. I can only regard such claims as complete nonsens. I don't recall seeing any such reviews of the envivio encoder. On the other hand I have seen quite a few reviews of other more popular encoders.

And I seriously doubt that professional users are better judges of quality that encoding enthusiasts. Professionals may have deeper pockets, but that does not make them smarter.

And now that you mention it I don't recall hearing about envivio on CNN or any other broardcast news media. But I do hear about divx, in the media, quite often (admittedly not always because of the video quality).
        Last edited by khp; 20 Feb 2003, 03:16 PM.
        Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
        http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

Working...