X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • seanandjilluk
    • Jan 2003

increasing quality of vcd?!!

The Background..................
    Hi i have an avi xvid movie (700mb) (1hr35mins long)

I split the movie 350mb approx 47mins each half.
    i then extracted audio in vdub, no probs
    I then converted to vcd using tmepgc at a bit rate of 1700kbps.
    burnt it, it works fine. each vcd is approx 700mb.

The question!.............
    as the video on each cd is 45mins long ( less than a 80mins cd )the video should fit on the cd fine which it does.
    if i was to increase the bit rate to say..2000kbps would the movie still fit bearing in mind it will be larger than 700mb?

I have been playing with vids now for a couple of months and im just trying to get the best possible quality i can. ( the easier more expensive option would be to gat a dvd burner, but my back wont allow it!!!!!!)

I also have a 2hr40min vid which i would like to get the best quality from on as little cds as poss!!any suggests would be good!

Last but not least.........i have tv out on graphics card can i link my pc up to my tv and watch the movies that way?
  • gd_nimrod
    • Nov 2002

"as the video on each cd is 45mins long ( less than a 80mins cd )the video should fit on the cd fine which it does. "

(S)VCD's can be up to ~800mbs and they will still burn on a 700mb cd-r. Remember, vcd's are just like audio cd's, its the time that counts.

"i have tv out on graphics card can i link my pc up to my tv and watch the movies that way?"

Yes. Search in the booklet that came with your video card or do a search on google for complete instructions. This way, you won't have to convert your movies to watch them on your tv set.
    Did you know you can SEARCH the forum? Fixes common problems too:
    http://forum.digital-digest.com/search.php

Also search on the whole Digital-Digest website:
    http://www.digital-digest.com/search.html

Comment

Working...