X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lwolf79
    • Feb 2003

captured mpeg2 --> divx = audio asynch

Hello everybody,
    I recently bought a WinTV Go card as I wanted to use my PC as a VCR. I immediately got Cyberlink PowerVCR and started capturing happily away using the DVD PAL format. After capturing approx and hour's worth of video I converted it to divx using gordian knot. First I created a .d2v project then I manually encoded the .mpa stream to .mp3 with lame and then I used gordian knot to compress the video and "just mux" the audio.
    The problem is that the video and audio streams in the divx file (the mpeg2 is ok) aren't in synch! The problem gets worse toward the end of the video. I tried to edit the original video file and split it in two 30min segments (using tmpgenc plus), but the problem still remains in the second file (the second 30mins.
    I don't know what else to do!! I tried to use different capture programs (like iovcr and Ulead studio) but I can't becase winxp gives me an error about C++ runtime libaries causing an abnormal program termination! I have found myself at loss as to what to do, your help would be much appreciated,

Thanks in advance
  • techno
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Nov 2001

NEVER EVER CAPTURE DIRECT TO DIVX OR MPEG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

go to my website and look at the capturing section......

u will get much better quality and results.....

but if u can't be bothered, then the only suggestion I have is to extract the audio as wav and then encode the video with the wave file but it's best doing the capturing uncompressed...read more on the site....

Techno

Comment

Working...