Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tommyboy
    • Mar 2003

frame conversion picture jumpy

hi guys i'm kinda new at this so bare with me. ok i have 2 divx avi files which i have joined together to get the complete movie. This works fine its in 640x272 23.976fps. I want to convert it to 720x576 at 25 fps. I have tried tmpgnec and the result is a jerky movie i have also tried virtualdub and the same thing happens.

HELP PLEASE!!!
  • t3ch
    H4x0r of Gibsons
    • Mar 2003

I'm curious; why do you want to convert a movie that already works to a larger resolution and a faster fps?

Your problem is probably because when you increased the fps, there weren't any frames to take it's place; those extra frames have to come from somewhere.

edit >> how jerky is it? Is it just a slight constant annoyance, or does the movie freeze for a second every once in awhile, etc.?
    Last edited by t3ch; 5 Mar 2003, 10:33 PM.
    OGSTH! my webpage
    ----------------------------
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.

Comment

• tommyboy
      • Mar 2003

not sure what you mean m8. the movie is in 640x272 at a frame rate of 23.976 and i want to convert it to 720x576 (pal) at 25 fps

i think thats right or am i thick and have got it all wrong?

constant slight jerky

Comment

• t3ch
        H4x0r of Gibsons
        • Mar 2003

So why is it you want to do that, anyways?

OK, you're increasing the fps to 25 from 23. It's not like a .d2v or .avs file where you have the original source at your disposal. The divx encode only has those 23 frames. When you add an extra 1.24 frames (23.976 ), the divx movie doesn't have any frames to replace it with; see what I'm saying? So instead of actually increasing the framerate, what I imagine it does is just use the last frame twice. So a second would look like

frame1
        frame2
        frame3
        frame23
        frame24
        frame24

So your movie would actually be playing the way it's supposed to be, it's just you're seeing that frame twice.
        OGSTH! my webpage
        ----------------------------
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.

Comment

• The Edge
          Digital Video Expert
          Digital Video Expert
          • Jan 2003

This guide will be very helpful.

Edge
          "…I know the industry is formally opposed to that kind of thing [bootlegging] but I'm not. I don't have a problem with it at all." -- Paul McGuiness"

Comment

• tommyboy
            • Mar 2003

ok i get what you are saying. so how do i convert it to pal?

thnx i will read the guide

Comment

• The Edge
              Digital Video Expert
              Digital Video Expert
              • Jan 2003

AviFrate will change it, but then the audio might come out of synch. You probably have to reencode the audio to get synch back. (BeSweet can change durations of audio)

AVIFrate
              Besweet

Edge
              "…I know the industry is formally opposed to that kind of thing [bootlegging] but I'm not. I don't have a problem with it at all." -- Paul McGuiness"

Comment

Working...