Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KillRoy
    • Feb 2003

Making DivX with AC3 5.1 sound

So a little Q from me regarding making a DivX with AC3 5.1 sound.

I use G-Knot, and if I rip the DVD and use DVDtoAvi to split the Movie and the sound. Now if I encode the movie and use the AC3 sound track as it is (not encoding it to 2 channell mp3), would I be able to play the movie on my PC with 5.1 sound if I have a 5.1 sound card...

This is probable a very stupid question, but I was just wonderning.

(Oh and i should deselect dolby surround mixdown in DVD2Avi right? Or else it would not be realy 5.1 anymore?)

Thanx
  • One Tin Soldier
    • Feb 2003

Yes, the AC3 audio will work if you have a 5.1 capable sound card. I'm almost positive the answer to your second question is also yes. Just demultiplex(demux) and select the tracks you want to demux, or select demux all without downmixing. If I am wrong about that hopefully someone will correct me.

Cheers

Comment

• KillRoy
      • Feb 2003

I did it, and it works great! The only thing is that if you watch the Divx and you move the search slider to another part of the movie ut takes a long time for the sound to come up again (sometimes it doesn't even come up again...)

Any suggestions?

Comment

• One Tin Soldier
        • Feb 2003

Hi Again,

Sorry I've taken so long to reply. I would suggest Lowering the Max Keyframe value. On my DivX 5.0.3 codec setup it's at a default of 100. I usually set it to 30. Will that solve your problem? I'm really don't know. But that is my suggestion.

Good luck

Comment

Working...