X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dave57
    • Mar 2003

DivX codecs and Windows XP

Hi guys,

Should the DixX codecs work properly on Windows XP ?
    I don't know where the problem comes from but the frames of my videos encoded with the divx3.11alpha are upside down !!!

Any idea ?

Thanks in advance,
    David
  • t3ch
    H4x0r of Gibsons
    • Mar 2003

Everything is completely compatible with XP.

Have you installed the Nimo codec pack? This is known to cause upside down video, among other things. Uninstall it completely and download the Tsunami pack.

If you haven't installed Nimo reinstall divx. If that doesn't work, it could just be you have way too many codecs,etc installed and they're conflicting.

edit >> spellering
    OGSTH! my webpage
    ----------------------------
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.

Comment

• silmarillion
      • Mar 2003

What player are you using?

Comment

• dave57
        • Mar 2003

Don't laugh, but I'm using Windows Media Player to watch the DivX movies I create
        I've found that the movies are not upside down when I simply change the width and height of the movies to be compressed...

PS: Maybe I should mention that I create my movies with Pinnacle Studio (camcorder -> pc -> edition -> DivX video).

David

Comment

• silmarillion
          • Mar 2003

Don't laugh, but I'm using Windows Media Player to watch the DivX movies I create

Nothing wrong with windows media player, I prefer the fulscreen controls with mp8 over most freeware DivX players. I asked about the player because I've had BSplayer turn video upside down before.

I've found that the movies are not upside down when I simply change the width and height of the movies to be compressed..

Haven't used Pinnacle much, but this sounds like an encoding issue not a playback issue. I'll check it out.

Comment

• alcskid
            Movie Lovers
            • Jan 2003

Download ffdshow, and install it.
            Configure ffdshow at miscelaneous option by ticking Flip video. Click OK or apply.

Close and play your movie again.
            ...My Foot Print...

Comment

Working...