Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ElAguila
    • Mar 2003

tmpgenc read error

I hope someone can help me here. I have posted in a couple of other forums but no luck. I have been trying to use tmpgenc to encode some avi's that I have downloaded. I use virtualdub to save the sound and video into separate files. I seem to have the most read errors when I am using inverse telecine. I thought that I could try frameserving from vdub and remove the telecine in vdub but I still get the read error. Obviously something has changed on my system but I don't know what. Files that I have encoded in the past as vcd no longer complete when I try to encode as dvd. I have an Athlon XP 2200 with 1GB of RAM and 40GB of free space. I am running Windows XP with SP1 and I have not installed media player 9. I have tried increasing the priority of the directshow filter but no luck. I don't know what has caused this to start happening. Any ideas or thoughts? I am using the latest version of TMPGenc 2.5.10. I have all the proper codecs installed.
  • The Edge
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Jan 2003

What exactly is the read error?
    Maybe this IVTC guide will yield an answer. I've never had problems with IVTC in TMPGEnc. Mind you, I usually do IVTC in AVISynth.

Edge
    "…I know the industry is formally opposed to that kind of thing [bootlegging] but I'm not. I don't have a problem with it at all." -- Paul McGuiness"

Comment

• ElAguila
      • Mar 2003

read error

Here is the gist of the error:

Read error occurred at address 00483F5D of module 'TMPGEnc.exe' with FFFFFFFF.

It changes with a different address and the F's change. It occurs at different points. Sometimes I can get 70% done and others only 5% done. For the life of me I can't figure out what is causing it. Everything was fine up until a couple of weeks ago then this started. I formatted my drive and installed clean copy of windows xp and then tmpgenc.

Comment

Working...