Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JohnnySubway
    • Mar 2003

Quicktime Photo-JPEG to DivX

First of all, sorry for being a n00b and posting right away, but I'm trying to do about a million things at once, so I can't really look through all the forums right now to see if this has been answered before. I apologize if it has.

Anyway, I have a HUGE Quicktime mov file that was compressed using Photo-JPEG compression on a Mac. The file works and plays wonderfully on Mac and PC, but the problem is that the file is 512MB, and that is not really something I can post on my website. (It is my demo reel, and I wanted to have it available from my website.) Anyway, I was hoping someone could tell me how I could go about converting this file to DivX format, and compressing it so that it is bearable over the Internet? I am looking at hopefully between 30 and 80M, with hopefully decent clarity after compression. The resolution is NTSC (648x486), and I could probably cut that in half if necessary (although I would rather keep it that size).

Anyway, any thoughts/suggestions? I hope this can be done with freeware/shareware. Thanks in advance!!
  • alcskid
    Movie Lovers
    • Jan 2003

I often use EOvideo software to convert my Quicktime file to AVI. It had capability to split, reduce resolution, merge/join between different format, and the result was superb. I like this tool very much.

Unfortunately this wasn't FREEWARE/SHAREWARE.

You can use TMPGenc with QT plug in for Freeware stuff.

Now it your choice !
    ...My Foot Print...

Comment

• JohnnySubway
      • Mar 2003

TMPGEnc doesn't look like it reads Quicktime MOV files.

Comment

• alcskid
        Movie Lovers
        • Jan 2003

You must grab QTread plug in then it will read MOV file. Just scroll down at TMPGenc download page (At the bottom section).
        ...My Foot Print...

Comment

• JohnnySubway
          • Mar 2003

I tried the trial version of EOvideo... for some reason, it crashes when I press Start to convert. (I am using WinXP Pro.) This is seriously annoying me.

Comment

• Batman
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Jan 2002

Screen capture software may be useful (you could search for shareware/trial offers).

Otherwise, Quicktime professional can export to other formats and later convert to divx.

Comment

• alcskid
              Movie Lovers
              • Jan 2003

Yeah, just grab your error. Cause I already used EOvideo for a year and never crashed.
              I used the latest Quicktime Pro and EOvideo (Full Version).
              But I'm run on Win 98 lite
              ...My Foot Print...

Comment

• [MoD]Minister
                • Mar 2003

You can use RAD video tools (freeware!) to convert almost any video format to .avi. Here is the link to the page:
                RAD Game Tools' web page. RAD makes Bink Video, the Telemetry Performance Visualization System, and Oodle Data Compression - all popular video game middleware.

The actual file download path is:

You can even encode with this if you desire or simply convert to an uncompressed .avi (indeo or something) and then fine tune the conversion in VirtualDub or something.

Comment

Working...