Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • netfusion80
    • Oct 2002

Xvid to DivX encoding problem

hey everyone. OK, I came across a movie file that was a little corrupt. The audio is not synchronized to the video after a certain point in the movie, so I wanted to try and fix it. I open the file in Virtual Dub, and it gives me this message:

"Virtual Dub has detected an improper BVR audio encoding in the source AVI file and will rewrite the audio header with standard CBR values during processing for better compatability. This may introduce up to 13743 ms of skew from the videostream. If this is unacceptable, decompress the *entire* audio stream to an uncompressed WAV file and recompress with a constant bitrate encoder. (bitrate 136.2+-19.2 kbps)"

Now, what I would like to do is covert this Xvid file to DivX. I've tried to do this normally, through Virtual Dub, but every time I do so, it gives me an error message right at the point of the unsynchronization point. The error message says:

"Error decompressing video frame 11263 An unknown error occured (may be corrupt data) (error code- 100)"

Does anyone know how to, first of all, get the file to completely uncompress and then synchronize the audio and video together? I would really like to limit myself to just using Virtual Dub, since I am familiar with their controls, but if I need to download new software, I will. Thanks everyone for the help!
  • gs0666
    Digital Video Technician
    Digital Video Technician
    • Nov 2001

Since "plain" VDub doesn't support VBR,you might want to try VirtualDubMod instead.

Comment

• netfusion80
      • Oct 2002

now what?

Hey, thanks for the suggestions, but after going to VirtualDubMod, what should I do from there? I am really a newbie at this, so I only know basics. Thanks!

Comment

• gs0666
        Digital Video Technician
        Digital Video Technician
        • Nov 2001

Save Uncompressed PCM (do this in "plain" VDub)

Set Audio tab to Full Processing Mode
        Audio-->Convertion-->44,100Hz
        Audio-->Compression-->Uncompressed PCM
        Save WAV...
        Then Set Audio tab to No Audio and Video tab to Direct Stream Copy
        Save AVI...

You will now have a silent .avi and a .wav file.

Which version of DivX are you planning on using?3.11?4.*?5.*?

Comment

• netfusion80
          • Oct 2002

divx 5.02

Hey, thanks for the reply. I am using Divx 5.02 to encode. Is this going to make a difference in the next steps to join the files? Thanks for the help!

Comment

• SKD_Tech
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Jan 2003

No it won't as long as all the parts are the same codec, frame rate, ETC.....

Comment

• LongJohn210
              Gold Member
              Gold Member
              • Mar 2003

i'm having the exact same problem when i try to make the resolution lower and incoding it to divx. thats when i'm using vdubmod. it gets half way done then i get that message. what do i do to fix that.

Comment

• SKD_Tech
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • Jan 2003

Do this to the second file of the 2 to match the other one or vice-versa

Open the file up in VirtualDub
                Click on Video at the top then select Filters
                Click add
                Then select "resize"
                Put in your resolution
                click ok
                Set video to "Full Processing Mode"
                Set Audio to "Direct Stream Copy"
                Then "Save as AVI"

Comment

Working...