Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gamecubeleader
    • Apr 2003

Tmpg and Xvid movie errors

Hi guys, I get no problems in tmpg with my other movies that I encode wich are not xvid but sometimes with some of my xvid files I get an imediate error. With "a write error occured at frame such an such with ntdll.dll" or an "invalid pointer opperation" error. What could be the problem?
  • BOAN
    • Apr 2003

You´re not the onlyone that got problems with XVID/TMPGEnc!
    I get the following error messages when I try to convert an XVID to MPG(XSVCD):

Write error occured at adress 77F52109 of module 'ntdll.dll' with 00000000

Write error occured at adress 005503DE of module 'TMPGEnc.exe' with 559C85A1

Runtime error 216 at 0003DA4C

And I get really

Comment

• BOAN
      • Apr 2003

I found a fix!

I searched in Pegasys BBS for XVID and found a great fix for my problem

It was posted in DVDRHELP´s forum:

And it seems to work just fine....I´m encoding an XVID-movie (Equilibrium) to XSVCD right now

ps/ Write down the original settings or take a screendump so you can restore them if you need to /ds

Comment

• DrinkOrDie
        It Was The Dog, I Swear!
        • Nov 2003

Well unfortunately that doesn't work most of the time. It certainly doesn't work for me. Increasing priority for directshow doesn't work. Perhaps that is because I do not use a directshow filter to decode Xvid. (no ffdshow)

I am using the actual codec, not a directshow filter. I had too many problems with ffdshow so it had to go. Also, the playback quality is so much superior without ffdshow.

Still, nobody has a clue how to fix this nagging "invalid pointer" error. I do NOT want to update my tmpegnc to the latest version. I like mine just fine. Updating to the latest will of course not fix anything unless tmpegnc has found a way to fix the pointer error in later versions. Seems this problem is inherent in the Xvid codec.

Oh well. Seems the only way around this that I have found, is to use virtualdub (or one of it's variants) to re-encode the movie to DivX, then load into tmpegnc. Poor solution, but it works.
        My toy:

Custom Build PC Born on 03-08-08AMD Athlon64 X2 6400+ (3.21Ghz) (Black Edition) on overclock ready Asus M2R32-MVP Crossfire AMD chipset Mobo, 8-Channel HD Audio, Windows XP MCE, 2GB 800Mhz DDR2, 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS, 500GB SATA-II HardDisks X 4 in RAID 4 mode,(1.5 TB storage capacity + 500GB eSata external) Sony MultiRec DVD-RW, PCI-HDTV Tuner, SOYO Topaz S 24" Wide LCD 1920X1200

Comment

Working...